Friday, July 6, 2012

The Lonliest Porta-Potty in the World

So there we were, Lynne, Sam and me, climbing our way up to the continental divide on this switchback mountain road and as we came around a bend at about 9,000 ft, there was this little porta potty! The wind was howling off the mountain at 20-30 mph and there stood this brave, lonely little porta potty on a pull out on the edge of a cliff. It seemed like the perfect location to pull over and have a little snicky snack before making our final ascent to the divide.

As you all know, I have never seen an opportunity to potty that I could refuse so I had to avail myself of the little potty's service. When I climbed inside, I had a brief moment when I thought the winds might topple the potty and me over the cliff. Wouldn't that be headline for the hometown newspaper: Local Woman Killed in Porta-Potty Accident While Cycling Across America.

The really hysterical thing is that there was a motivational poater inside the porta-potty encouraging construction workers to take ownership and pride in their work. Hmmm? I guess it's important for workers to consider their job satisfaction level while using a porta-potty on the edge of a cliff.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of when there was a porta potty at the end of our road in Carey for hands across america. Mom had to play a joke and be waiting in there for when people came to visit and would come out just as they were pulling onto our road! I can't remember who she did to (probably your mom or aunt joe)

    ReplyDelete