Friday, July 6, 2012

Go Turtles Go!



Sam's sister Sandy paid him a surprise visit in Idaho Falls. She decided on a whim to drive out to Idaho with her friend Patty and surprise Sam for his birthday. We really enoyed meeting both Sandy and Patty and their visit brightened everyone's spirit, especially Sam's.

Everyone on Team Turtle was so impressed that she would do such a kind and generous thing as to drive all that way to surprise Sam for his birthday. But that wasn't the only surprise. For the next two days we saw chalk drawings on our route and at the hotel like the one above. Sandy and Patty had driven ahead of us on their way home and stopped to draw turtles along the route!

I feel genuinely blessed to be a member of Team Turtle (Ooha!). This is an amazing group of people that I have fallen into and I am learning so much from them about how to be a better cyclist and a better human being. These people also make me laugh, I mean throw your head back and shake your belly laugh! I am soooo grateful!!!

1 comment: