Thursday, July 26, 2012

Good Bye Michigan

The past few days have been a whirlwind. Dennis, David (my dog), my dad, my brother, my siter-in-law, and my cousin came to visit yesterday. It was so strange to see people I know from home. It was a real boost to be hugged. I didn't realize how much I miss being touched. We knuckle bump and high-five each other here at bicycle boot camp but there's not a lot of hugging that goes on.

It really raised my spirits to see everyone from home and it also made it clear how close we are to the end of this incredible journey. Tomorrow we cross over the bridge into Canada and Sunday we will be in Niagra Falls for our final rest day on Monday. One week from there and we dunk the bikes in the ocean and say good-bye. Tonight at rap they began to discuss the details of the final day so that people know how to plan.

This morning we awoke to thunderstorms and lightning. They delayed our start by over an hour but that was a great call on Jeff Lazer's part because we were dry the rest of the day. We had a kicking west wind most of the day so I want to thank all you prayer warriors for dialing up that tail wind! It certainly was helpful to have such a strong tail wind on a day when we got a late start.

I rode about the first 20 miles with Team Turtle and then I dropped off by myself for the rest of the day. I had a really fun day enjoying the bike at my own pace and thinking what I want to do with my life after this adventure is over.

Our route into Port Huron took us on Lakeshore Drive qnd there were some really gorgeous homes and views of Lake Huron. It reminded me a lot of the homes on Catawba.

Time to call it a night as we have an early day tomorrow to get over the bridge (they are closing the bridge to allow us to pass) and then get through customs. I've iced my knees and cleaned and prepped the bike for tomorrow so all my chores are done.

Please don't stop praying for us just because we are close to the end. We need your prayers now because everyone is tired and at the end of their reserve. Please pray for safety, strength, and a tail wind!

Good night! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment