Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Good Day in Idaho

Let me just say for the record that I love the state of Idaho. The landscape appeals to me and the people are super friendly and helpful. I could live here or at least I would like to spend some time visiting here (in a car!).
Today we rode a total of 86 miles to Pocatello, ID. We rode about 14 miles early in the day through open range country. On that stretch of road there was the road, telephone poles in the distance to our right and a cattle crossing about every two miles and pretty much nothing else. Toward the end we did see a few cattle off to the right but that was it.
Ray from London, England decided to hang out with Team Turtle today so he rode with us the whole day. He rides a different style than we do so it was a little different having him along.
Jeff had some trouble with the heat today and he ended up riding the last ten miles in with Jim the mechanic who was riding sweep today. Jeff got a pretty good sun burn on his face a few days ago and that's not helping him cope with the desert climate. We all agreed at dinner tonight that no matter what distance we ride, the last 20 miles of the day is the story. I realized today that the last 20 miles is when it's really helpful for me to get into a conversation with someone. Conversation helps perk me up!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janel,
    Seems you are enjoying your trip! I am thinking of you and wishing well.
    Keep on a movin girl!!
    Love , Sis

    ReplyDelete