Saturday, June 16, 2012

Get Set...

Today's highlight was the registration for America by Bike (AbB)! It felt a bit like getting processed for the army. There was a line and we moved through different stations including medical forms, ID, official ride jerseys, and finally, assembly and inspection of our bikes and our helmets. It was great to get Olivia out of the box and see the ol' girl. She's very shiny after her tune up and cleaning at the bike shop in Bowling Green before we shipped her on my birthday.

I met several fellow riders today and had a great conversation at breakfast with Barb (Mike Monk's wife). She shared with us how safety is a priority for AbB and how it's not necessarily a bad thing on this ride to be the slow and staedy style of rider vs. the speedy hottie. That made me feel tons better. There was another rider in on this chat named Rich. He's from MA and he thinks he will probably be the slowest rider. I've got news for him...he hasn't seen me roll yet!

I met some other riders in the lobby and we decided to meet tomorrow morning at 10:30 am to ride together for our ocean dip. I'm glad to make that trip with others because it will have a much more festive feel and it will be nice to learn how to read the direction cue sheets with more heads than just me.

Dad, Cherie, Laura and I went to Ft. Stevens today and took a military truck tour around the fort which was quite interesting. Then we capped off the afternoon with a trolley ride.

I am looking forward to getting on the bike tomorrow and making the official ocean dip!




No comments:

Post a Comment