Thursday, June 14, 2012

On Your Mark...

Greetings from Astoria, Oregon!!! Thirty years of dreaming, one moment of decision, 14 months of planning, 10 months of training and I'm finally here. I spent this morning walking around Astoria exploring and more than once I had to remind myself that I am actually here.

Yesterday, Dad, Cousin Cherie, and my sister-in-law Laura G flew out to Oregon from Detroit. How blessed I am to have family who are so supportive.

Before we left for the airport yesterday, Dennis and I went to 6:30 Mass at St. Joseph's in Tiffin. Patty H and Linda C surprised me by coming to Mass as well. Fr. Joe mentioned me and the trip during the prayer of the faithful as well. What a perfect send off! How comforting it was to have my friends and community holding me in prayer as I set forth on this adventure.

I met Dad, Cherie, and Laura at the airport and except for a few bumps involving spilled m&m's on the airplane, forgotten credit cards, and discovering my driver's license expired last week, the trip west went smoothly.



While knocking about Astoria this morning, I came across this old river tug converted into a fish & chips concession trailer.



4 comments:

  1. Good thing you are riding your bike since your driver's license is expired!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you made it through today alright! Your first day heading east. You will have to let us know how it went and if you had to go through the mountains. we are all pulling for you! The cousins are all informed of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep pushing on sista!! Youre in our hearts and prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on Janel, we want some more posts, being tired after riding your bike 100 miles a day over the mountains is no excuse! LOL!

    ReplyDelete