Saturday, March 31, 2012

Big Fun

Yesterday was a nearly perfect day. I racked the bike early and drove over to the trail head in Fremont. The temperature was in the upper 30's and there was a brisk easterly wind. Not exactly ideal conditions for biking but did I mention it was sunny?


I Iwas on the trail by 8 am with three layers of pants on, four layers of tops, two pairs of socks and gloves. The extra effort was completely worth it. There is something absolutely magical about early morning sunlight over the fields and woods. Even now as I write about it, my heart starts to glow with the beauty of it.

I did 21 miles on the trail and then my new friend Nova met me at the trail head. We racked my bike and piled into my car and set off to go bicycle shopping! Nova is new to cycling and is looking for her first real bicycle so we headed over to Cycle Werks in Bowling Green.

We spent the whole day from 11am-5pm (with a quick break for lunch at Myles Pizza) in the two Cycle Werks stores in BG and Whithouse. I had no sense of time as the day passed, I was completely in my passion. I know what cycling has opened in my life and being with someone else as they begin to learn and appreciate the world of biking...well, it was just magical.

I made two adjustments to my bike during the day. I shortened the steering stem and got a different saddle. These are two significant adjustments to make simultaneously, but the opportunity presented itself and so I went for it. Increased comfort = decreased fatigue.


No comments:

Post a Comment