Thursday, March 29, 2012

Getting Started

This summer, I am riding my bike across America (3,663 miles and yes, I suspect my butt will hurt a bit).  I signed up for this trip in July of 2011 and have been working steadily to put the pieces together since then.

As I prepared over the past several months, I saw our vacation in March as a turning point. I knew that when we got back from vacation, I would need to kick up the intensity and priority of my training.

Well, here we are...back from vacation, and it's time to get busy!  I am amazed at how much closer the trip seems now than before we left on vacation (I leave for Oregon on June 13).  I am also surprised by how much FEAR I am feeling.

Yesterday, as I drove to/from the bike trail in Fremont I listened to a cd by Tony Robbins. It so happened that Tony was teaching about the messages our emotions offer to us (what an abundant Universe that this was the cd I randomly selected!).  The message offered to us by FEAR is that we need to prepare. True enough!

The key is not to hang out in the emotion of FEAR but to act on the message...PREPARE!

So that is what I am doing. I have ridden 60 miles so far this week and I plan to ride a total of 120 miles for the week. Today's plan is 20 miles and I may ride a few more since they are calling for thunder storms tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you. Just know you're never alone in your journey.

    ReplyDelete